The Company is The Quality Scheme for Ready Mixed Concrete (QSRMC), also trading as Construction Products Certification (CPC) and “SpeCC” the Certification Scheme for Specialist Concrete Contractors.
As QSRMC, the Company provides third party certification of quality management systems (QMS) and product conformity for producers of ready mixed concrete. Operating as CPC the Company provides third party certification of quality management systems (QMS), environmental management systems (EMS), occupational health and safety management systems (OHSMS), product conformity, factory production control and product certification for the responsible sourcing of construction products (BES 6001). Operating as SpeCC the Company provides certification for specialist concrete contractors alongside the SpeCC Regulations that incorporate requirements for quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management systems.
QSRMC is an independent legal entity with the Company governance and management structure safeguarding impartiality, eliminating conflict of interest and enabling the participation of all parties significantly concerned in the development of policies and principles regarding the content and functioning of the certification system. The QSRMC/CPC/SpeCC Impartiality committee manages conflict of interest and ensures the objectivity of the certification activities.
As a certification body QSRMC/CPC/SpeCC does not offer or provide management system consultancy, will not provide certification for at least 2 years where internal audit services for the activity to be certified have been provided and does not subcontract its certification activities.
The quality objectives of the Company are:
- To provide independent, impartial, professional and focused third party certification, which gives added value to client organisations by complementing the business aims and objectives of their management systems and assisting them in the control of risk.
- Under the direction of its Governing Board and under surveillance by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS), to conduct its assessment and certification processes in accordance with the criteria of BS EN ISO/IEC 17021 (Certification of Management Systems), and ISO/IEC 17065 (Product Certification).
- To maintain accreditation as a Certification Body from the United Kingdom Accreditation Service and, as an Approved Body (Notified Body) under the Construction Products Regulation from the Department for Communities and Local Government, for the full scope of its certification activities.
- To be recognised by major purchasing organisations, specifiers and producers, as providing the highest standards of certification services associated with the production and application of construction materials.
- To operate responsibly, openly, impartially and objectively, in applying uniform standards to all certificated companies and applicants alike.
- To conduct operations in an effective and efficient manner, and to maintain the integrity of certification activities by the use of trained and competent management, assessment and support staff.
- To deal with any complaint in an appropriate and timely manner and where the complaint is justified make every effort to resolve the issue.
- To ensure the security of the records that it holds and to maintain confidentiality of any information obtained as part of the assessment process.
- To achieve agreed service levels where these exist and generate service levels in agreement with clients where these are required.
- To operate within the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- To comply with the Company Policy for Health and Safety.